3 poems found in the notes app on my phone

 1. Inexplicable Sensations


Like a dog, maybe,

I get hotspots

Parts of my body that ache

Or feel chafed

Feel sore to the touch

Or stiff to move

"Ouch!"


This odd sensitivity 

Defies all sense

No doctors know

No one understands

"Don't touch that!"

My body is not mine

It hurts


Who is this really?



2. And Yet


and yet another dreary morning

straying from the charted path

and lost in a blue-lipped haze


despite the dedicated climbing

despite the strict limitations

feet on the narrow course upward

eyes trained on prescribed footprints


and yet during the nightmare night

arms flailed and legs fell and

my entire body spiraled downhill

in a feast of tumbling tremors


waking in that dreaded ditch again

coated in wet sludge and thorns

unrecognizable, a masked shell


on yet another dreary morning

once again, once again



3. Star Light, Star Bright


I lay at the bottom of a ravine

A think trickle of cold water on my back,

Sharp stones lodged into my neck


But I feel nothing

I am weightless


My arms are comet tails floating

Up to meet their brothers and sisters --

Light constellations hanging in the sky


If I can reach them

And dissolve this body


My mind will hang onto a star point

And burn with a sparkling heat --

A purple winking pinwheel of freedom





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backward Design, or Outward in?

doomsday poem take two